rusting and corrosion.
Corrosion Inhibitor Spray
- Designed to protect electrical and electronic equipment and components that are used in adverse work environments, e.g. the pulp and paper mills, oil and gas industry, and waste water treatment plants, where corrosive gases such as hydrogen sulphide are found cause severe corrosion and the rapid deterioration of the electronic components and equipment including connectors and switches used in these and other work environments.
- Eliminates electrical resistance failures caused by general and fretting corrosion and to lubricate connectors, nano, micro, and conventional electrical switches, terminal blocks and Busbars, electrical bonds and grounds, relays and switching systems, multi-pin cable connectors, interior and exterior light sockets, plugs, connectors, jacks, and receptacles, as well as electronic printed circuits and micro-miniature circuits.
- CORR-EX LCP-177 corrosion inhibitor will also protect electrical motors, electronics and switches against surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems and uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics.
- Inhibits corrosion caused by exposure to both fresh and salt water moisture as well as the corrosive vapours from Sulphur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), and Chlorine (CL12) based gases found in waste water and sewer treatment plants, pulp and paper mills and plants, chemical and petroleum plants, maritime industry, aircraft/airline industry, military equipment including ships, aircraft, and rolling stock, auto industry, farming and agriculture industry, and the list goes on. Extending the working life of electrical components and systems and other critical items by preventing the deterioration and/or failure caused by corrosion can significantly reduce downtime and operating and maintenance costs as well as enhance safety.
- Some popular applications:
Electronic circuitry, electrical system connectors and components, computers, electrical motors, relays and terminals, light sockets and antenna interfacing; terminals storage batteries; electrical charging plugs and receptacles, electrical switches and breakers. LCP-177 also lubricates connectors, terminations and electrical bonds and grounds, relays, fittings, circuit board switches preventing general and fretting corrosion.
CORR-EX LCP-177 Lubricates And Protects From One Can
-EX LCP-177 is a non-conductive, non-flammable, hydrophobic, ultra-thin film lubricant and corrosion preventive compound. It is a “self healing” ultra-thin coating that lubricates and protects metals, motors, electrical and electronic components from moisture, salts, chlorides, acids, and oxidation.
CORR-EX LCP-177 has the following unique combination of properties:
- Displaces both fresh and salt water moisture
- Non-toxic, Non-flammable and Non-hazardous
- Has a decomposition temperature of 550°F
- Will not freeze or harden, retains properties even in high altitude applications
- Is extremely resistant to air-drying
- Self healing
- Does not attract contaminants
- Is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance
- Eliminates surface static electricity, Corona and other electro migration problems in electronic circuit boards and connectors
- Protects against wear, moisture, general and fretting corrosion
- Non-reactive to most plastics
- Forms an airtight seal preventing damage to electronics and other surfaces caused by exposure to acid gases such as Sulfur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), Chlorine based gases (CL12), and the thermal decomposition by product of HFC-227ea used in fire suppression systems, Hydrogen Fluoride (HF)
NOTE: CORR-EX LCP-177 will not remove corrosion from an already corroded component or substrate. It should only be used as a preventative coating after removal of the corrosion.
- Will help eliminate premature failure of components created by moisture and general or fretting corrosion. Reliability is increased and manufacturers can save costly down time and repair or replacement of parts or components.
- LCP-177 is applied using our 16 ounce, 12 ounce net, aerosol can with or with-out the provided extension tube provided used for pin point accuracy or for those hard to reach areas. Always shake aerosol cans before using.
- Can be applied during or at the end of production, during preventative maintenance inspections, or when a new component is installed. Shake or mix while applying, depending if aerosol or bulk is being used. Use extension nozzles provided with aerosol cans to access hard to reach areas.
- Components should be free of oils, flux and other surface contaminants prior to application of LCP-177 . It is recommended that a high-purity contact cleaner that cleans, dries and leaves no residue be used to remove soils. If, after the component is properly cleaned, there is visual evidence of corrosion or other damage, it may be necessary to replace the component.
- LCP-177 is not designed to remove corrosion. It will clean and revitalize an intermittent connector but cannot repair damaged areas.
- For Aerosol applications apply material in short bursts for a uniform coverage of the component from a distance of 8 to 12 inches (20 to 30 cm), including pins and receptacles. Over sprays can be removed with a precision cleaning solvent compatible with the component substrate or part being cleaned. Two applications (coats) 30 seconds apart can be applied if required. Re-application should be performed as needed.
LCP-177 is non-reactive to most plastics, however, do not use on Styrene or Polystyrene. Mask clear plastic surfaces (windows, ports, etc) before applying to prevent possible fogging or cracking caused by the solvent carrier.
Shake aerosol cans prior to use.
- CORR-EX LCP-177 is a proprietary non-flammable ultra thin film lubricant with anti-corrosion properties that when applied forms a “self healing” non-hardening or cracking coating that is approximately 7 microns (0.00028 inch) in thickness thick that is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance.
- CORR-EX LCP-177 lubricant and corrosion preventative compound is formulated without sulphates, chlorides or halogens and is unexcelled in preventing corrosion deterioration on all surfaces of electronic and electrical equipment as well as all metals and alloys and mechanical close-tolerance low speed or light loaded moving components.
- Contains proprietary water displacing and anti-corrosive compounds that provide a superior lubrication coefficient and protect components against general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems.
- Dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), Chlorine based gases (CL12) based gases in Class III mixed gas tests as well as the thermal decomposition by product of HFC-227ea used in fire suppression systems, Hydrogen Fluoride (HF). CORR-EX LCP-177 will not, however, remove corrosion from or repair an already corroded component or substrate.
- LCP-177 is inert and will not increase or decrease electrical contact resistance and will not interfere with any electronics, but it will inhibit corrosion deterioration on all surfaces of electronic and electrical equipment including electrical contactor’s, connectors, and printed circuit boards as well as all metals and alloys. LCP-177 ’s superior lubrication and corrosion protection will protect components against moisture, wear, general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems.
- CORR-EX LCP-177 will not, however, remove corrosion from or repair an already corroded component or substrate.
Shake aerosol cans prior to use. Stir bulk material prior to use and keep closed when not in use. CORR-EX LCP-177 is non-reactive to most plastics however do not use on Styrene or Polystyrene. Clear plastic surfaces (windows, ports, etc.) should be masked off before applying CORR-EX LCP-177 to prevent any possible fogging or cracking by the solvent carrier.
- 16 oz, (12 oz net), aerosol cans (12 per case)
- 1 and 5 gallon cans
- 30 and 55 gallon drums
CORR-EX LCP-177 is available in following containers:
- 16 oz, (12 oz net), aerosol cans (12 per case)
- 1 and 5 gallon cans
- 30 and 55 gallon drums
- Mixture Appearance – Translucent dark brown liquid – Translucent dark brown liquid
- Mixture Odor – Faint ethereal odor
- 3Mixture Specific Gravity @ 25̊°C – 1.29
- Mixture Flash Point – None, (ASTM D-56) (ASTM D-92) (ASTM D-93)
- Aerosol Mixture Flash Point – None, Non-flammable aerosol, Flame Projection Test
- Mixture Auto-Ignition Temperature – Not determined
- Vapor Pressure – 51.7 kPa at 25° C
- Evaporation Rate (n-Butyl Acetate = 1) – 4.5
- Relative Vapor Density – Not determined
- Mixture Solubility in Water – Immiscible with water
- Mixture Reactivity in Water – Not Readily Hydrolyzed
- Mixture Ph Value – Neutral
- Melting Point – -50° C / -58° F
- Boiling Point – 43° C / 109° F
- Oxidizing Properties – Not an oxidizing agent
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8281 6370 or use our contact form.
CORR-EX corrosion protection products are supplied and supported by EnviroTech Europe Ltd. Manufactured in the United Kingdom and available on short delivery times through our dedicated team of distributors in Europe and the Middle East.
Share this page: