Corrosion Inhibitor Spray
- Designed to protect electrical and electronic equipment and components that are used in adverse work environments, e.g. the pulp and paper mills, oil and gas industry, and waste water treatment plants, where corrosive gases such as hydrogen sulphide are found cause severe corrosion and the rapid deterioration of the electronic components and equipment including connectors and switches used in these and other work environments.
- Eliminates electrical resistance failures caused by general and fretting corrosion and to lubricate connectors, nano, micro, and conventional electrical switches, terminal blocks and Busbars, electrical bonds and grounds, relays and switching systems, multi-pin cable connectors, interior and exterior light sockets, plugs, connectors, jacks, and receptacles, as well as electronic printed circuits and micro-miniature circuits.
- SuperCORR A corrosion inhibitor will also protect electrical motors, electronics and switches against surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems and uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics.
- Inhibits corrosion caused by exposure to both fresh and salt water moisture as well as the corrosive vapours from Sulphur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), and Chlorine (CL12) based gases found in waste water and sewer treatment plants, pulp and paper mills and plants, chemical and petroleum plants, maritime industry, aircraft/airline industry, military equipment including ships, aircraft, and rolling stock, auto industry, farming and agriculture industry, and the list goes on. Extending the working life of electrical components and systems and other critical items by preventing the deterioration and/or failure caused by corrosion can significantly reduce downtime and operating and maintenance costs as well as enhance safety.
- Some popular applications:
Electronic circuitry, electrical system connectors and components, computers, electrical motors, relays and terminals, light sockets and antenna interfacing; terminals storage batteries; electrical charging plugs and receptacles, electrical switches and breakers. LCP-177 also lubricates connectors, terminations and electrical bonds and grounds, relays, fittings, circuit board switches preventing general and fretting corrosion.
SuperCORR A Lubricates And Protects From One Can
SuperCORR A is a non-conductive, non-flammable, hydrophobic, ultra-thin film lubricant and corrosion preventive compound. It is a “self healing” ultra-thin coating that lubricates and protects metals, motors, electrical and electronic components from moisture, salts, chlorides, acids, and oxidation.
SuperCORR A has the following unique combination of properties:
- Displaces both fresh and salt water moisture
- Non-toxic, Non-flammable and Non-hazardous
- Has a decomposition temperature of 550°F
- Will not freeze or harden, retains properties even in high altitude applications
- Is extremely resistant to air-drying
- Self healing
- Does not attract contaminants
- Is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance
- Eliminates surface static electricity, Corona and other electro migration problems in electronic circuit boards and connectors
- Protects against wear, moisture, general and fretting corrosion
- Non-reactive to most plastics
- Forms an airtight seal preventing damage to electronics and other surfaces caused by exposure to acid gases such as Sulfur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), Chlorine based gases (CL12), and the thermal decomposition by product of HFC-227ea used in fire suppression systems, Hydrogen Fluoride (HF)
NOTE: SuperCORR A is to be applied as a preventative measure and will not remove corrosion from an already corroded component or substrate.
Corrosion Protection For A Range Of Industries
- Will eliminate premature failure of components created by moisture, general or fretting corrosion. Reliability is increased and manufacturers can save costly warranty service calls or product re-call
- Designed to protect and lubricate connectors, terminations and electrical bonds and grounds, relays, fittings, circuit boards, computers, and all forms of avionics
- Controls, radios, transponders, RDF, VOR, DME, GPS, radars, storm scope, flight control computers from moisture, general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems. Other areas of application include Passenger Master Control Panels, fuel shut-off valves LRUs – flap jack screws, flap tracks, actuators, hydraulic line B-nuts, fuel bladder rails, interior and exterior light sockets, antenna interfacing and any exposed metal surfaces. Use anywhere dissimilar metals may come in contact
- Electronic circuitry, connectors and components, computers, electrical motors, relays and terminals ; Avionics – controls, radio, transponder, RDF, VOR, DME, GPS, radar, storm scope, flight control computer, light sockets and antenna interfacing; storage batteries; Passenger Master Control Panel, fuel shut-off valves – LRUs, flap jack screws, flap tracks, actuators, hydraulic line B-nuts, fuel bladder rails, and any exposed metal surfaces
- Eliminates electrical resistance failures caused by general and fretting corrosion and to lubricate connectors, nano, micro, and conventional electrical switches, terminal blocks and Busbars, electrical bonds and grounds, relays and switching systems, multi-pin cable connectors, interior and exterior light sockets, plugs, connectors, jacks, and receptacles, as well as electronic printed circuits and microminiature circuits
- Will also protect electrical motors, electronics and switches against surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems and uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics
- Can be applied using our 16 ounce, 12 ounce net, aerosol can with or with out the provided extension tube provided used for pin point accuracy or for those hard to reach areas. Shake aerosol cans before using
- Can also be applied using a brush, sponge, or by dipping a component or part into a container of SuperCORR A. Stir bulk material while applying and cover container when not in use
- This product can be applied during or at the end of production, during preventative maintenance inspections, or when a new component is installed. Shake or mix while applying, depending if aerosol or bulk is being used. Use extension nozzles provided with aerosol cans to access hard to reach areas
- Components should be free of oils, flux and other surface contaminants prior to application of SuperCORR A. It is recommended that a high-purity contact cleaner that cleans, dries and leaves no residue such as EnSolv be used to remove soils. If, after the component is properly cleaned, there is visual evidence of corrosion damage, it may be necessary to replace the component
- SuperCORR A is not designed to remove corrosion. It will clean and revitalise an intermittent connector but cannot replace damaged areas
- For Aerosol applications apply material for a uniform coverage of the component from a distance of 8 to 12 inches (20 to 30 cms), including pins and receptacles. Over sprays can be removed with a precision cleaning solvent compatible with the component substrate or part being cleaned, such as EnSolv precision cleaning solvent. Two applications (coats) 30 seconds apart can be applied if required. Re-application should be performed as needed.
SuperCORR A is non-reactive to most plastics, however, do not use on Styrene or Polystyrene. Mask clear plastic surfaces (windows, ports, etc) before applying to prevent possible fogging or cracking caused by the solvent carrier.
SuperCORR A is non-reactive to most plastics BUT do not use on Styrene or Polystyrene. Shake aerosol cans prior to use. Stir bulk material prior to use and keep closed when not in use. Mask clear plastic surfaces (windows, ports, etc.) before applying to prevent any possible fogging or cracking by the solvent carrier.
- The only DoD approved product qualified to MIL-DTL-87177B (revised MIL-L-87177A), Lubricants, Water Displacing, Synthetic: Type I, Grade B (Aerosols), National Stock Number 6850-01-528-0653 and Type II, Grade B (Bulk), National Stock Number 6850-01-326-7294
- Uses a very fast evaporating nontoxic and environmentally acceptable carrier fluid that is non-reactive to most plastics
- A non-flammable ultra thin film lubricant with anti-corrosion properties that when applied forms a “self healing” non-hardening or cracking coating that is approximately 7 microns (0.00028 inch) in thickness thick that is inert and will not increase or decrease contact resistance
- Manufactured in both aerosol cans (CO2 propellant) and in bulk. It can be sprayed, sponged, brushed, poured or a component can be dipped into SuperCORR A
- The aerosol is used for regular maintenance of switches, relays and connectors on site to lubricate and protect contacts to reduce failures caused by poor connections.
- Contains a proprietary water displacing and anti-corrosive compound that provides a superior lubrication coefficient and protect components against general and fretting corrosion, surface static electricity, corona, and other electro migration problems
- 16 oz, (12 oz net), aerosol cans (12 per case)
- 1 and 5 gallon cans
- 30 and 55 gallon drums
Military standards and industry approvals:
- Approved in US Tri-service corrosion manuals and military, civilian and aircraft manufacturers, railway and transport operators worldwide
- MIL-DTL-87177B (revised MIL-L-87177A) Type I, Grade B “Avionics Cleaning and Corrosion Prevention/Control”
- Exceeds Mil C 81309 Corrosion Prevention Compounds
- Approved in US Tri-Service Corrosion Manuals
- ARMY: 1-1500-344-23
- NAVY NAVAIR 16-1-540
- AIRFORCE: T.O.1-1-689,691,700, 35-1-3
- BOEING Part No. 12-371
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8281 6370 or use our contact form.
CORR-EX corrosion protection products are supplied and supported by EnviroTech Europe Ltd. Manufactured in the United Kingdom and available on short delivery times through our dedicated team of distributors in Europe and the Middle East.
Share this page: